Monday, April 19, 2010

I Spy a Dragonfly

In my dream last night there was a dragonfly.

I was sitting on my bed and I saw it nestled between two maple leaves, sort of dangling from my ceiling.  I asked my mom to get the dragon fly out of my room so I could go to bed without having to sleep with one eye open. My mom almost had it cupped in her hands but it escaped at the last minute and flew about and then swooped down onto my chest. In the dream I was calm during the split second that it landed on my chest.
Then, I awoke out of REM cycle and in real life-not dream life- I shot straight up in bed and frantically brushed and flicked the non-existent dragonfly off my chest.

This morning, I googled what dragonflies represent.

The main symbolisms of the dragonfly are renewal, positive force and the power of life in general. Dragonflies can also be a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity. Also, as a creature of the wind, the dragonfly frequently represents change. The dragonfly has been a symbol of happiness, new beginnings and change for many centuries and even though the representation of the dragonfly seems to change throughout the cultures, there are still a few things that are similar; the dragonfly means hope, change and love.

This is particularly interesting because I am expecting some news in the coming days that could mean a big change for me.
Aren't our dreams so telling? It's magical and mysterious and mystical.
Wishing everyone a magical monday! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment