Thursday, June 17, 2010

You've got mail.

Oh boy it's been quite a busy week!

Many of you encouraged me (and cheered me on) when I enlisted myself in a personal little experiment dubbed, The Blind Date Project, a handful of months ago when I still lived in New York.
Now, I'm embarking on the The Blind Friend Project.
Let me tell you- it's been absolutely lovely but... exhausting!
Everyone has been so friendly and full of giggles, but of course on top of the small talk and pleasantries, I'm wondering in the back of my mind,
'Does he think that I think, that he thinks this is like, a date, date?'
What's a girl to do!
I was pretty beat by Thursday evening.
So, you can imagine my surprise and delight when I got home last night and was greeted by three cards and a package!
Nothing beats pen to paper, sealed with a kiss!
That's why I make an effort to be a modern day pen pal. And when the sentiment is returned, it's just bliss!

A big ol' parcel stamped AIRMAIL was the biggest treat of the bunch. Inside was a book written by an author my best friend and I refer to as a favorite.
It was wrapped up in a cute little tote, accompanied by a card with an illustration depicting the London equivalent of Mister Softee!

Have you ever heard of anything so perfect?
snapped with my new camera thank you very much

And because I found myself in such a festive mood, I made my favorite dinner: lemon arugula white pizza, with a big ol' glass of sauv.
The arugula was farm fresh, and the dough was sold to me straight from the pizza shop across the street!
 Life's pretty swell here, friends!
Cheers to good friends and hand stamped letters.
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment