Tuesday, September 7, 2010

And Then the Sun Came Out...

A lot of wonderful things happened this weekend.
The sun came out in a blaze of glory; causing everyone in Northern California
to look approximately 10% more attractive and healthy.
I spent time with friends I hadn’t seen in a long time.
We shared a lot of laughs and caught up over a lot of wine.
I experienced a strange sensation of feeling so very relived my life didn’t go one way, but simultaneously shocked it went the way of someone else.
A pang in the chest and then it was gone.
I visited a home that could’ve been a tree house-so magical and quiet.
Living there would be like you were camping every day.
I sipped on cocktails in another home that made me wish to win the lottery.
Coral table lamps and turquoise bamboo chairs.
Swoon.
I picnicked in a park,
I sat in the sand,
I partied in a house,
and I met many new friends while doing so.
Oh, and I discovered a new artichoke and feta dip; quite tasty!
I hope you all had as lovely a weekend as I did.
Happy September, friends.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment