Wednesday, September 29, 2010

There's No Place Like Home...

At the end of this week, I'll be making my way back east
for a good chunk of October.
There is work to be done.
Events to be executed.
Clients to corral.
(And two very special birthdays to celebrate, I must add.)
In July, I remember saying:
Oh, but October seems so far away.
And here it is.
Just like that.
I'm heading back.
I came home late tonight
after a long day of work obligations
and I was greeted by an unexpected letter from my best friend.
She enclosed an old essay I wrote in high school
 about one of the best nights of our life.
I'm ashamed to say, I nearly forgot all about that special night,
when something as seemingly insignificant as
a favorite song, a smile from a boy, or a pat on the leg,
made the whole earth move.
Reading the story made it seem like age seventeen
 was about a million years ago.
Life, it seems,
was so very simple back then.  
Here's to home, the sweet memories it brings,
and the making of new...
xo

 

1 comment:

  1. october certainly snuck up on us...and i'm oh so glad. enjoy your trip back east!

    ReplyDelete