Monday, November 8, 2010

Sunday Supper

Sunday was ushered in with grey and rain and general yuck.
After a jam-packed, warm weather weekend, I was ready to cozy in for the day.
 I hadn't cracked open a cookbook in way too long,
and I think baking and cooking for yourself can be such a simple and self-indulgent pleasure.
It was a perfect grey Sunday to experiment in the kitchen.
I didn't have bold ambitions- I selected Ina Garten's recipe for chicken piccata-
but the lemony-buttery dish was oh-so-pleasing to my palate.
There is truth to the statement that food tastes
better when you knowthe steps it took to make it.
I feel a sense of accomplishment when I follow a recipe and then sit down to enjoy it.
I bought a beautiful deep purple eggplant and some cute little brussels sprouts too...
 I'll have to get creative with those beauties tonight!
xo

1 comment:

  1. i made an ina garten recipe on sunday too...noodle kugel. It was great for breakfast on monday morning

    ReplyDelete