Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanksgiving with Colleagues

My office is hosting a Thanksgiving party tonight.
I was quite tickled to learn that our agency has made a tradition of this.
The turkey and wine are provided.  
The rest?  Up to us.
I'm responsible for the stuffing... for 60+ co-workers.
I kept it really traditional- adding nothing but onions and celery.
Stuffing is NOT something to get fancy with when dealing with the masses, folks.
It's a good thing I like spending time in the kitchen!
Last night I put on some music, poured some wine,
and hoped to high heaven that the smell of onions sauteing in butter
wouldn't lure in the homeless man living on the fourth floor of my building.
We have a beautiful and spacious test kitchen on-site at the office,
so it really will feel authentic.
All of us bopping about, fighting for oven time and second helpings of mashed potatoes.
Cheers!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment