Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Super Moon

Did you see the Super Moon on Saturday night?
It was a grey and rainy night here in San Francisco,
so I was only able to see glimpses on the evening news.
Last night, the moon appeared 14% larger than it usual-
the biggest it's looked since 1993.
So one could say it truly was a
Big Moon Sky.
Speaking of,
a few months ago I was listening to my ipod
and The Swell Season's 'Feeling the Pull' came on.
 I realized that from those lyrics, my blog earned it's name.
I didn't even name it consciously, but thinking back, I had started writing Big Moon Sky
a week or so after I went to the Swell Season concert with my family.
If you're not familiar with the song- it's worth a listen.
And, if you didn't have a chance to see the Super Moon,
the photos circulating are worth a look.
Sweet dreams, friends.
xo


2 comments:

  1. this old dude in the steam room at my gym would not shut up about the super moon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did look much larger and we thought of you.

    ReplyDelete