Monday, May 2, 2011

It's Been A While....

I know; yikes!
I've been crazy busy this past week.
I logged in a lot of hours on the open road,
visiting dusty farms and corporate boardrooms.
I drove through orchards and sweet smelling groves.
I got to know the central valley like the back of my hand.
Sometimes California feels like a faraway land.
I pinch myself, 'Do I really live here?'
Friday brought me up to Tahoe for a girls' getaway.
And boy, was it ever.
I pulled up to Truckee Friday night and a family
of three brown bears greeted me in the parking lot.
Hungry after a long winter slumber, those furry friends
were looking to get their paws sticky with honey.
I will never tire of sweeping views of the snow-capped Sierras and that sparkling lake.
We were spoiled rotten by our friend's dotting dad.
Delicious food, spectacular home, unparalleled company.
 Sunday night brought news that jolted me out of my California bubble,
and evoked the unifying emotion of what it means to be an American.
Today, we rejoice, we reflect, we remember.
I didn't understand the meaning of justice so intimately as I do today.
Wishing you all a magical May.








1 comment: