Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Siren Call of Summer

Hello, friends.
It's been too long since I last shared a tale.
You see,  the air has been thick
-heavy almost- 
with the anticipation of the season to come.
And I got carried away with my daydreams and summer time schemes. 
I love this time of year. 
Like a steady, rhythmic drumbeat
signaling the eruption of a rock anthem, 
May's last few days are the siren calling summer.
 Hot off the heels of my last post, 
I've been treating Northern California
as if my time is limited, but my adventures- limitless.
There have already been ferry rides and road races, 
fancy galas and lunar eclipse watching.
image is my own; ferry ride to Tiburon
Summer's itinerary includes hiking Yosemite's Half Dome 
and heading out on long, lazy bikes rides in the hills of Santa Barbara. 
There will be Memorial Day  in the mountains, 
and a star spangled July 4th spent in the those same Sierras.
Summer brings my little sister's first trip to the shining sea,
and a best friend weekend in wine country.
And all the while I'll be zipping back and forth 
over amber waves of grain,
towards the Atlantic and then back to the Pacific
to celebrate weddings, birthdays, and beach days. 
Here's to summer's official launch.
May your days be spent in sun and surf, 
surrounded by good friends and family.
xo

1 comment: