Friday, January 21, 2011

Buh-Bye Seasonal Depression, Helllo Vitamin D

People.
I am in h-e-a-v-e-n.
It's 70 degrees in San Francisco.
And, if it couldn't get any better,
my agency has been tasked with working from home for the past 2.5 days.
Serendipitously (at least in my opinion)
 pipes burst in our office and sent us all running for the hills, literally.
And ever since, I've had an extra skip in my step and a feeling of glee.
Bye, bye seasonal depression!
Yesterday, I had the chance to be one of those people.
You know, the lucky ones- sunning outside on the sidewalk,
computer in hand and a bottomless cup of coffee?
 I walk by those people in the middle of the day and wonder:
How do they get the luxury of working from a sunny patch of sidewalk?
Well, it was my turn to be the woman of envy,
and boy did it feel delicious. 
I didn't realize just how truly hard up for vitamin D I was until yesterday.
I peeled off my jacket and let the sun soak into my skin for a good hour or so.
I swear, I could smell the scent of my skin tanning and my nose freckling.
I indulged in the beads of sweat forming on my brow.
Even the leathery old man sitting next to me
smoking a cigarette triggered a hazy nostalgia
of beach boardwalks and summer parties.
Pure bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment