Monday, November 21, 2011

Whiskey and Gold

Go, west young friend.
California's full of women, whiskey and gold.
Well, that's what the country songs say,
but whatever it may be, the winds of the west 
whispered in my ear and yanked at my heart.
And so, it was a year and a half ago I came out to Northern California
for equal parts adventure and comfort.
The new kind of comfort you only feel 
when you're very far from the actual comforts of home. 
I love my San Francisco life. 
But...there aren't many days that go by when I don't think about 'back east.' 
As I pack up my suitcase for my holiday travels home tomorrow,
I already know almost exactly how each and everyday will unfold. 
That's the actual, familiar comfort.
A friend of mine here in San Francisco told me today:
"Safe travels and enjoy every moment. 
Home misses you...but San Francisco deserves you." 
Well said, sweet friend. 
xo









No comments:

Post a Comment