Wednesday, January 23, 2013

On Perspective...

A week ago, I lost my job. 
I was blindsided by the news- completely floored.
A slap in the face, a punch in the gut, a push into icy cold water- head first.
And it's taken me a full week to fumble through my clumsy thoughts,
although I am still sifting through various emotions.
Tempering my anger, calming my nerves, 
grieving the separation from a team I genuinely cared about.
I'm a worrier, that's a given. 
But rather than focus on the scary,
I want to tell the story of the support. 
Because the truth of it is, 
complaining feels a little trite.
image is my own
I live a pretty exceptional life,
 surrounded by some pretty amazing people,
in a city that has completely captured my heart. 
This past week most especially,
I feel tremendously overwhelmed by the outpouring of support and generosity 
from my colleagues, family and friends. 
It's... it's too much. Too much love. 
Too much kindness. 
Goodness knows, there have been a lot of lessons learned this week.
And there will continue to be a lot of tough days, filled with doubts.
But, in one of the most unfortunate circumstances I have faced, 
I feel like one of the most fortunate women in the world. 
And so today, 
I feel grateful.




No comments:

Post a Comment