Friday, December 31, 2010

A final thought for 2010...

Have you made your New Year's resolutions?
I've been sick all day and just pulled myself from a tangle of bed sheets to pen mine.
I'm feeling a little blue to be so sick on my first New Year's Eve in a new city.
My best friend is in town too and sadly, I don't think I'll make our special dinner plans.
But, I won't enter a new year with heavy boots.
Instead, I'll just consider this the 'purge' before a brand new year.
I love the promise of a New Year, don't you?
I'm especially nostalgic this New Year's Eve,
 as 2010 was a particularly poignant year for me.
I am appreciative beyond words and gestures,
for the adventure that this past year created for me.
From the deepest, most secret part of my tender heart,
I am
grateful.
I've mentioned more than once that
I'm no good when it comes to change.
I'm clumsy and stubborn and it seems to be a constant struggle for me.
Every year I resolve to be more flexible, more forgiving and more calm.
This year, I will try again but with a different approach.
2010 taught me that many changes, although difficult,
can be really amazing.
I welcome 2011 with a full heart and an open mind.
I hope you do, too.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment