Saturday, August 24, 2013

On Wishes

Next week, I turn another year older. 
Honestly, I blinked and a year went by.
Last year was the absolute tops - I really mean it. 
It was a sun chasing, rocky mounting climbing, perfect ten of a year. 
And so next week, with a whole new number attached to my name,
and a candle to wish upon, 
I wish for the same. 
To continue to feel too much and express too freely.
To take chances and to make choices that aren't fully thought through.
To keep my head high and my heart strong.
To speak openly, even if the truth can be a little scary.
image unknown
To work hard but play a little harder.
To pursue adventure and try new things.
To tell people when I miss them. 
To continue to hope and believe and subscribe to the notion 
that the whole wide world is on our side.
To remember that although there are times we might not get the answers we think we need,
the kind that leave us stumped and scratching our heads, 
there's a reason for that too. 
Things take time. 
Here's to another banner year, friends! 
Thank you, 
for making it so. 
xo




No comments:

Post a Comment